If you’re considering hiring me to design your website, here is some useful information about my process.
How I work
I offer a no-obligation consultation before any project starts. This could be a face-to-face meeting (if you’re lucky enough to live in sunny Nelson 🌞) or phone/video call.
Before we start work I will send you a contract and an invoice for the initial deposit.
Preparing your content
It’s always best to have your content ready before I start any design work. This is because your images and style can hugely influence the look and feel of your website.
I ask that you have at least draft copy for all the pages of your website. I will set up a shared Dropbox/Google drive folder for all content. Documents should be prepared as follows:
- Copy: prepare as word documents (.docx) or text files (.txt)
- Images: saved as .jpg files
- Audio: saved as .mp3 files or links to Spotify/iTunes/Amazon/Google Play
- Video: saved as .mp4 files or links to YouTube/Vimeo
I will develop your site locally on my computer.
When your site is ready for the final testing stage I will upload it to a development staging site. You will be able to access it via a unique URL and check that the site works in the way you intended. Once various cross-browser/device checks have been carried out I will move the site live onto your domain.
Below is a rough idea of my fees:
- WordPress audit – £50 GPB / $100 NZD
- Website redesign – prices start at £700 / $1500 NZD
- Website amendments – hourly rate £35 / $75 NZD
- Music typesetting – hourly rate £35 / $75 NZD